1. Why is it that when we have a house showing in the morning, without fail, somebody in the family wets their bed?
2. How can a sink that I scrubbed the night before already be crusted with toothpaste the next morning?
3. Where did that raisin come from, and why did it have to get squished all over the freshly mopped kitchen floor?
4. Why did Kitty refuse to take a morning nap, and then spend the rest of the morning screaming at me like it was my idea?
5. Where does all of this laundry come from? Seriously???
6. If my kids were only in the house for 45 minutes before leaving for school, how did my kitchen go from clean to trashed??
7. Why did we have to live here in the first place and stay around this measly, crummy old town? You call this a happy family? Why did we have to have all these kids? (Name that movie!)
8. When I’ve been trying to convince Mr. Darcy to move for the last 3 years, why did the housing market and stock market crash at the exact moment that we finally tried to sell?
It was a bit of a hectic, frustrating morning. I had to make the house spotless (ha!) for a showing, while Kitty was in a very bad mood. No time to take a new picture, so here’s one of Jane from the archives.
Isn’t it funny how our kids can drive us completely insane one minute, and then give us a look a second later that melts our heart? Kitty and I haven’t really been getting along very well today. She’s exhausted but refusing to nap. She screamed at me all morning while I was frantically trying to straighten up the house. But, sitting on my lap just now, she turned her face up to look at me, just to make sure I was still here. I can’t describe her expression very well but every time she does it, it turns me to goo. She looks up with big inquiring eyes that seem to be asking if everything is okay. Yeah… I’m fine. All the frustration of the morning is gone. Love my baby girl.