Today Jane came home from preschool and excitedly showed off a sheet of Mr. Yuk stickers she had received. “We need to put these on all the poisonous things in our house!” she exclaimed.
As we looked around for various toxic substances, every so often the room would suddenly fill with a horrifying stench. I looked at Jane and said, “Did you just toot?” to which she responded with an evil cackle.
I pulled my shirt up over my nose to protect me from the odor and continued our business of labeling all harmful substances in the house. But, there was no escape. Every few minutes more toxic gas was released into our environment.
“Good gravy, Jane!” I would say, and she would laugh and laugh.
Finally, after labeling the Lysol, dish cleaner, toilet cleaner, and other items I decided there was one more dangerous toxin in our house that we desperately needed a warning for: