We got back from Utah.
Here are some highlights from the trip:
1. We left Jane’s blanket at the hotel in Burley and had to go back and get it (on the way home).
2. When we planned our trip, Tuesday and Sunday were the clearest days on the forecast, so we decided to drive those days. Of course, things changed and on Tuesday there were blizzard conditions in Utah. And on Sunday, they got 8 inches of snow.
3. Sooo, we had to leave early to avoid the second snowstorm. We ended up spending as much time in the car as we did actually visiting family and friends.
4. No more Thanksgiving trips to Utah.
5. Friday at midnight my sister called to report that our pipes had frozen and water was flooding into our house. Argh!
Here is Jane’s beloved blanket that we had to track down in Burley. Kitty was borrowing it to play peek-a-boo. Kitty would yell at Jane for most of the trip, “JANE SHARE BLANKIE!!!!” Which would set off a fight, naturally.
Anyway, now we’re back safe and sound and I’m never driving anywhere again during the month of November. It was fun to see who we had time to see, but we unfortunately ran out of time due to the bad weather and had to leave early. Not to mention the exploding pipe issue.