1. It is a truth universally acknowledged that a woman that purposely has a baby at home is bananas. I have been getting the weirdest reactions from people lately, especially from our pediatrician’s office. You would think that I told them I bathe my baby in pig blood.
2. I have started and stalled out on three posts this week. It is hard to blog with one hand and an ever hungry newborn.
3. Lydia is the cutest little thing, guys. You know that newborn thing where babies arch their backs, poke their butts out, and then tuck their legs up under their bums? Do you know that thing? They do it when you pick them up sometimes… It is my favorite thing in life. I don’t know why. When they stop doing it, I cry a little.
4. And her hair is blonde. Do you know how long I’ve been waiting for a little blondie? Her back hair is also blonde. She is a little blonde Wookie.
5. And she is the smiliest baby we’ve ever had. She has been smiling at us ever since she was just a few days old. Real smiles, not just farty smiles or sleeping smiles. Or sleeping fart smiles. And she cooed at me the other day. I swear, she is a two month old trapped in a… Uh… Two month old’s body.
6. I am starviiiiiiiiiing. All the time. I eat every hour. I eat ice cream twice a day. I wake up in the middle of the night to feed Lydia and can’t fall back to sleep because my stomach is like, “What the H?! You haven’t fed me in hours, Fatty!!”. I am thinking about buying a mini fridge and using it as a nightstand. If Lydia gets to eat all night long, why can’t I?
7. Lydia has barfed on me so many times that I think I might not ever be able to rid myself of that charming stomach acid scent. But then she smiles at me, and all is forgiven.