Okay, it is finally done. Well, like all my projects, it is 99% done, anyway. Here is what my closet looked like before:
It was all pink, pink wallpaper, pink doors, pink drapes, pink closets. Maybe a bit too much pink?
And now it is finally completed.
It is a good thing that Lydia needed this room to sleep in or else it probably would have sat in its unfinished state for another year. Once I got the wallpaper off, I got stuck and never completed the dressing room.
On the subject of the mobile, the first night I hung it up, Lydia kept waking up. I would go into her room and she would be screaming at the pom poms in terror. I think she likes it now, though.
And when she gets bigger, I bet she is going to like smiling at the pretty Mirror Baby.
I decided to hide that weird piece of trim over the window with the drapes. You can kind of see it peeking out, but it is much less noticeable.
That is about it. At some point I would like to either switch out the light fixture or spray paint the brass one so that the finishes match. And I’m toying with the idea of glass knobs on the closets. But for now, we are done.
Now if I could just get her to sleep through the night…